Top 13 Healthy Snacks
Snacks are key in the maintenance of a healthy diet and can greatly help you to achieve optimal health and well-being when taken at the right time and proportion. Healthy snacks can help you better overall physical and mental health by aiding you to achieve ideal weight, improving your mood, cognition and focus, enhancing brain performance while contributing to the decrease of stress and anxiety. Snacks can complement your main meals by helping you to get all the essential nutrients that your body requires, such as vitamins, fats, amino-acids and minerals. They can also help you to manage hunger between meals, balance blood sugar levels and boost your energy levels to keep you going through the day!
Here are Top 13 Healthy Snacks choices which are low in sugar and gluten-free with vegan or vegetarian options to keep you going through the day!
1) Humus with carrot or celery sticks are nutritious quick and easy to have by just dipping carrot or celery sticks in humus!
2) Nuts (almonds, Brazil, hazelnuts and seeds) are ready to eat on the go! You can have a them on your bag for a easy pick!
3) Apple slices with peanut butter or almond butter are perfect low sugar snack choice! It is as simple as slicing one apple and adding peanut butter or almond butter at your choice.
4) Cottage cheese with flax-seeds, raspberries and cinnamon is a high in protein, antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids snack which is very easy to prepare! Just mix 90 g of cottage cheese with 15 g of milled flax seeds, 120 g of raspberries and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
5) collard-green wraps with roasted veggies and chickpeas are packed with protein, fiber and essential nutrients such minerals and vitamins A, C, K and B complex. The recipe is as follows, simmer the trimmed steams for 30 seconds, place them in cold water, pat dry them and filled them with previously roasted carrots, bell peppers, sweet potato, broccoli, onion and chickpeas.
6) Egg veggie muffins are easy to prepare delicious and nutritious snacks! Simply mix eggs with spinach, mushrooms, cheese, tomatoes and oregano and pour into muffin tins and place it in the oven for about 15 minutes at 180°C and they are ready to eat!
7) Cottage cheese with blueberries and nuts is a great high in fibre and protein snack, basically mix 90 g of cottage cheese with 120 g of blueberries, 50 g of almonds, Brazil nuts and walnuts and enjoy!
8) Scrambled eggs with spinach and tomato is a quick and delicious snack prepared by cooking with mixing two eggs with one sliced tomato and one cup of spinach.
9) Caprese-salad with guacamole is a alternative great nutritious snack choice also very easy to prepare by mixing 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, 200g of baby halved mozzarella balls, 1 cup of spinach, 1 cup of rocket, 1 teaspoon of minced garlic, 2 tablespoons of basil pesto, 4 tablespoons of olive oil, 3 avocados mash with 1 lime juice, 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
10) Stuffed mushrooms with spinach, tomato and lentils is a low calorie and high in protein snack, prepared by stuffing mushrooms with spinach, tomato and lentils and cooking for 30 min.
11) Roasted chickpeas, simply roasted and so nourishing!
12) Smoothies are a great way to have a quick and healthy snack which you can take with you and have through the day, just blend 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 1 cup of spinach, 1 cucumber, ½ cup of kale and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
13) Gluten-free canapes with avocado paste and edible flowers are another on the go easy and filling snack idea!
Happy snacks time!