Top Naturopathic Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle
• Eat with colour! Incorporate the colours of the rainbow in your meals by eating a wide variety of fresh vegetables, herbs and fruits, preferably 6-9 servings per day.
• Eat a wide range of superfoods and antioxidants from whole foods such as fresh fruit and vegetables.
• Choose organic foods, cosmetics, air fresheners and drinks.
• Regular exercise (aerobic and resistance) to boost blood and lymphatic systems circulation and promote detox and overall health. Yoga, pilates and trampoline are good exercise choices
• During your shower you can promote your health by rubbing and massaging your skin while performing cold and hot hydrotherapy to boost the circulation of your blood and lymphatic systems. You can also use your favourite body scrub 3 times per week to promote remove death skin and a healthy and smooth skin.
• Sleep well to restore and recharge all your body functions, 8 to 9 hours per day if possible.
• Reduce stress levels by exercising, meditating and performing breathing exercises.
• Perform breathing exercises, especially nasal breathing, every day to promote oxygenation of your tissues and cells while boosting respiratory health and increasing melatonin secretion.
• Avoid toxins and harmful chemicals present in processed food, water and environment in general such as aluminium, mercury, polychlorinated biphenyl (PCBs), fluoride, chroride, lead, arsenic, perchlorate, artificial sweeteners (sugar twin, splenda, aspartame, sucralose, etc…), dioxins, fructose corn syrup, monosodium glutamate, recombinant bovine growth hormone (rBGH/rBST), pesticides, butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT), butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA), sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) / sodium laureth sulfate (SLES) heterocyclic amines, sodium nitrite/nitrate, parabens, phthalates, synthetic colours, fragrance, triclosan, formaldehyde, toluene, propylene glycol, avobenzone, homosalate, benzophenone, PABA, ethoxycinnmate, etc. …
• Avoid using microwave.
• Avoid alcohol, sugar, processed foods, tobacco, trans-fat and gluten.
• Drink 2-2.5L of water per day with neutral pH.
• Eat good fats, good choices would be for example coconut oil for cooking and olive or flax seed oils for dressings which are good sources of medium-chain fatty acids, omega 3 and 9.
• Have smoothies instead of juices as you will increase your intake of fibre while slowing down sugar availability.
• Follow the saying with healthy food options: Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.
• Replace regular table salt Solar salt, Sun-Dried, Pink Salt or Himalayan Salt.
• Be positive, grateful and happy!